Wednesday, March 22, 2017

It ain't no lie, baby bye bye biopsy

I'd planned my second post to be an update on my treadmill session of yesterday morning at the gym, but certain factors have put paid to any exercise for the next few days. Saturday afternoon saw a battle with a stubborn motorcycle centre stand (and gravity working against me, rather than using it to my advantage - when I moved the bike round 180 degrees it became a lot easier) which left me with aching muscles in my back, left knee and shoulder that haven't fully recovered.

The second hindrance came yesterday afternoon. I've had a skin lesion on my stomach for the last 3 to 4 years and finally did something about it, booking in to the dermatology department at Brighton General. Nice hospital, lovely views of the South Downs, free motorcycle parking*, and nice helpful staff. They agreed it was probably nothing, but asked if I minded them taking a chunk from the lesion to be sure. The upshot is, I now have stitches in my abdomen and a ban on exercise until it's healed fully, so no running until they get taken out next week.

This does mean that my next run report will be covering one (possibly two) new countries to run, so there's that! In the meantime I'll put something up about music.

*I found somewhere to leave it and didn't get a ticket - ergo, free




No comments:

Football survey 2023

Started this last year, so why not make it a tradition? Top 5 games of the year? Arsenal 3 Chelsea 1, 4th March, Selhurst Park (Continental ...