9. Be Your Own PET! - Heart Throb
Sadly, this band split this year. It's quite emotional for me, as I've been into them since early 2005 when they were mentioned in a radio show about women in rock. I've followed them since the early days of the Damn Damn Leash EP, so they're the first band I've watched get bigger to split. The second album, released March this year, sounded exactly as expected - byoP with two more years worth of experience and maturity.
This song was included in a mix CD I made for a friend who had just split up with her very long term boyfriend, it's an absolutely cracking song about wanting something you can't have, and the video below is from the final ever gig at Dingwalls, which was just as mental as previous gigs have been :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rebel Yell
Popular football magazine, When Saturday Comes, has a contest every year for non-writers to submit an article to them. There's a prize o...
-
I've never been to London Marylebone station. Granted, there are a fair number of railway stations in the UK that I've also never be...
-
The second weekend in November has always been special for me. It used to be a family tradition, when we lived at home. Going up to London o...
-
So, as I've been plugging for the last month, yesterday was Red Nose Day - the day we'd picked to attempt to visit all 270 stations ...
No comments:
Post a Comment