Thursday, February 26, 2009

Alphabet Soup

Some of you who have added me on Facebook may have noticed something amiss about my profile pictures of the last month. Specifically, that they've all been covers of popular albums. The idea was suggested by a user on the Tube Challenge forums, Charlie Southwell to make February an alphabet month - one picture each day representing a letter of the alphabet. On January 31st I was frantically hunting round my room to find something for A for the following day when my eyes alighted on my poster for the Pink Floyd album "Animals" and an idea was set. Why not use albums? Just to make it trickier, they would have to be albums that I own...

I've composed a playlist of one song from each album, in alphabetical order.

Pink Floyd - Pigs (Animals)
AC/DC - Hells Bells (Back In Black)
Duke Spirit - Love Is An Unforgivable Name (Cuts Across The Land)
Pink Floyd - Money (Dark Side Of The Moon)
Rilo Kiley - A Better Son/Daughter (Execution Of All Things*)
Neil Young - Don't Cry (Freedom)
Garbage - Not My Idea (G)
Eagles - Last Resort (Hotel California)
Led Zeppelin - All My Love (In Through The Out Door)
Aerosmith - Jaded (Just Push Play)
Metallica - Seek And Destroy (Kill 'Em All)
Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi (Let Go)
Rammstein - Feuer Frei! (Mutter)
Queen - Sheer Heart Attack (News Of The World)
Metric - Dead Disco (Old World Underground)
Aerosmith - Rag Doll (Permanent Vacation)
Queens Of The Stone Age - Dear John (Queens Of The Stone Age)
Rosie And The Goldbug - War Of The Roses (Rosie And The Goldbug)
Rammstein - Du Hast (Sehnsucht)
Spinal Tap - Big Bottom (This Is Spinal Tap)
Guns N Roses - Coma (Use Your Illusion I)
Garbage - Push It (Version 2.0)
The Pipettes - Pull Shapes (We Are The Pipettes)
Coldplay - Fix You (X & Y**)
The Subways - Oh Yeah (Young For Eternity)
ZZ Top - Viva Las Vegas (ZZ Top's Greatest Hits***)

*I know it's "The Execution Of All Things", but Windows Media player lists it under E in the albums section.
**Have you got a better album beginning with X?
***Or Z, for that matter?

No comments: