Saturday, October 04, 2008

Music was my first love...

Whenever I get worried, or stressed, or mopey, I tend to find comfort in music, and regress back to the songs I grew up listening to. Way back when I was naïve and didn't know about the bad things in the world.

So, classic rock songs. To rebel in my house I had to listen to Bros, but quickly realised that Dad's music was much more enjoyable than what was in the charts.

I realised earlier I grew up listening to songs about cars (Van Halen - Panama), drugs (Mötley Crüe - Dr. Feelgood), breaking the law (Judas Priest - Breaking the Law), deviant women (Alice Cooper - Poison, Mötley Crüe - Girls Girls Girls, Whitesnake - Fool For Your Lovi', Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name, etc, etc), gambling (Mötörhead - Ace of Spades), breaking prisoners out of jail (AC/DC - Jailbreak, Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak) and various animal life (Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell, Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird, etc).

Is it really any wonder I turned out like I did?

No comments: